[mythtv-users] Controling Sky TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 13 23:06:09 EDT 2006

On 14/05/06, Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have mythtv set up and well chuffed that i got this far.. well
> pleased with my system and the help on here too :-)
>
> I am wondering that huppage remote can control sky tv?
> can it change channels i understand it somthing to do with lirc but i
> cannot find a script / lirc.conf to control sky box

To control your Sky box, you would need to use a separate IR
transmitter (blaster) device to have it happen occur automatically
through MythTV. Popular ones seem to include the RedEye remote, but it
should be possible using a regular serial-port based one (assuming it
can transmit RC6 codes which is what my Sky Navigator remote uses)

This thread contains some useful information:
and the archive is a great place to start looking for information on
"general" questions. I can't see anything on the MythTV wiki at the
moment, but that's also a very useful source of info.

Nick