[mythtv-users] Backend drops frames at start of recording; add RAM?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:26:14 EDT 2006

> No, the problem is probably the database activity. The same thread
> that reads from the device also updates the database. On my system I got
> dropped frames in the first minute of every recording. That was with
> 1G memory and only allowing 1 job to run at the same time. I bet you're
> getting those lovely ivtv messages abount your application being too
> slow. Check out
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1660
> There's two patches there, mine, which should apply to 0.19 clean and
> works great, and an alternate against the head that I couln't get to
> work right.

This sounds exactly like the right fix for me, but I only installed my
MythTV using atrpms and I know how to apply patches.

Does it work like this?

1) Download source code from SVN (from
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-19-fixes)

- Will this get me a version of the source code to which the patch can
be applied?

2) Apply patch

When I did "patch < speedup.patch", I got a lot of file not found
errors?  But it seemed to work when I just cut and pasted in the file
name manually.

3) Compile MythTV

Still doing this part...