[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri May 12 22:52:25 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A couple of follow-up questions while I wait for
> my nVidia 5200 FX to arrive.
>
> From your responses above, the suspect the answers
> to the following will be "yes" but I want to confirm.
>
> 1.  The Sony LCD RP has 9 input sources.  When
> I connect the DVI to the HDMI input, does the
> physical LCD screen have to be tuned on the HDMI
> input source?  Or can the LCD be tuned to any
> other source (like DVD)?  That is, will Sony
> respond and Xorg be able to capture modeline data?

It shouldn't matter what channel the TV is on, but it will need to be
powered on =D

> 2.  Can Xorg on my Myth box still get the modeline
> data from the Sony if the LCD is turned off but
> the Sony unit has power?

That I dunno, but once you have the modeline data you don't need to
get the EDID data anymore, just tell the computer to ignore EDID and
use the modelines you specify.

> FYI, when I hit the OFF button on the Sony remote,
> it turns off the LCD screen and a few moments later
> the fan goes off.  The little indicator light on
> the LCD front panel at the bottom right is green
> when the LCD is on and red when the LCD is off.

right, some of the electronics stay on, but most is powered off. But
like I said, get the data once and don't worry about it from then on
out.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!