[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV TV's

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri May 12 22:46:56 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There are some very good wobulated tv's, the HP md6580n for one, which
> > is on Sound & Visions list of best 1080p TV's and rival's the Sony
> > SXRD's in picture quality (and beats it in features).
> >

> Steven - Do you have a link to that list/article?

I don't believe its online, I grabbed it from my magazine (I
subscribe). My friend is looking to get a 1080p TV with 1080p input,
which lead me to the list they keep. I checked with avsforum and found
it to be the only one on their list with true 1080p that has been
verified to work with a PC as a source. The new Samsung 1080p do as
well, but only via VGA i think. Point is, he'll be getting the HP, but
waiting cause apparently HP will be releasing the new version soon.

point being, u might need to buy an issue or two of their magazine. I
think they print the list every issue though, so just check at a
Book/Magazine store =)

And there have been some great deals on the  Westinghouse TV's lately
which are superb, but I don't think make it into the 50"+ sizes.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!