[mythtv-users] Myth Configuration & Issue

David Bosiljevac dave at sanman.ca
Fri May 12 20:13:27 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I have had a Myth box running for over a year now quite nicely with a
single tuner card (PVR-250).

I recently decided to upgrade the PVR and added a second PVR-250 card
into the system.  At the same time, I upgraded to Myth 0.19.  (Debian
binaries)

I've noticed a few issues with the system and am wondering if anybody
here might be able to shed some light.

I notice that, when I have two recordings going simultaneously, the
episode names and descriptions seem to be swapped.

For example, if I'm recording MacGyver on channel 4 and the A-Team on
channel 28, the descriptions are swapped so that when I try watching the
MacGyver name, I see the A-Team instead.  Likewise, when I go to watch
the show named A-Team, I see the MacGyver episode.  (No, I don't get
these shows where I am.  Just an example.  :-) )

The other issue I'm seeing is that I like to record 60 seconds before
and after a show.  However, this sometimes overlaps when I record one
show at 7:00 PM and one show at 7:30 PM.

Is it possible to set the system up so that, say, PVR card 1 would be
used for 7:00 PM (really 6:59 to 7:31) and PVR card 2 would be used to
record the 7:30 PM show (7:29 to 8:01)?  I notice that the system
automatically takes PVR card 1 if the shows don't actually start at the
same time.

Many thanks in advance for any input you may have.

--db