No subject

Mon May 8 02:12:39 EDT 2006

to the following will be "yes" but I want to confirm.

1.  The Sony LCD RP has 9 input sources.  When
I connect the DVI to the HDMI input, does the
physical LCD screen have to be tuned on the HDMI
input source?  Or can the LCD be tuned to any
other source (like DVD)?  That is, will Sony
respond and Xorg be able to capture modeline data?

2.  Can Xorg on my Myth box still get the modeline
data from the Sony if the LCD is turned off but
the Sony unit has power?

FYI, when I hit the OFF button on the Sony remote,
it turns off the LCD screen and a few moments later
the fan goes off.  The little indicator light on
the LCD front panel at the bottom right is green
when the LCD is on and red when the LCD is off.