[mythtv-users] OT slightly - MediaMVP won't boot

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Fri May 12 11:02:13 EDT 2006

I also posted this question on the mvpmc forums, but I know that there
are a few MediaMVP users watching this list, so I thought I might also
try here for some advice.

I am trying to setup a MediaMVP that I picked up on clearance from
RadioShack. It is a Model 86001 Rev D3A.

I have a DHCP server running on my Fedora Core 4 Mythtv backend and the
TFTP-server is running. I confirmed that both the DHCP server and the
TFTP server are working by getting a lease from a PC, and using that PC
to extract the dongle.bin.mvpmc file from the server via TFTP.

When I power up the MediaMVP, I see the DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPOFFER
messages (using tcpdump), and then I see an RRQ message from the
MediaMVP requesting the dongle.bin.mvpmc file.

What I do not see is any acknowledgement of data received by the
MediaMVP after this point. My server keeps sending 516 byte packets
while getting no response. At some point, the DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPOFFER
messages come across again.  I am at work right now, so I can't post the
logs and tcpdump output.

Any ideas/suggestions?