[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV TV's

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Fri May 12 10:07:32 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 9:57 am, Steven Adeff wrote:
> sorry, I just can't follow your line of thinking, its failing to make
> any sense to me.

Put me on that list as well...  that's why I gave up.

I think what Michael is trying to get at is that digital is just an
approximation of an analog signal (which he sort of alluded to early on
when mentioning sampling theory).  We know that, however it means NOTHING
(I repeat, NOTHING) when the signal is already digital from end to end.
An approximation can never be better or as good as the original and the
increased resolution of the display isn't going to help.