[mythtv-users] Adding a DVB-C card

Martin Mardin01 at gmx.de
Fri May 12 09:02:07 EDT 2006

Hi Peter,

Which of the different DVB-C Cards do you have? I have a Siemens DVB-C Card
running on KnoppMyth R5B7 getting severeal problems with firmware loading ...
[solved] /etc/modules loads the saa... and ttpci* modules before they arfe
really needed ... just comment out.

The other problem in my case ... I tried several different configurations in
mythtv-setup card, input and connection setting ... every time until now I'm
only able to switch to analog channels ... changing to dvb channels the
system freeses :-( ... maybe it is because there are 2 different inputs dvb
(for digital) and Television (analog TV) ... I think :-(

I don't know how to tell mythtv to switch to the right input for analog /
digital channels ... I search many forums / lists for configuration dvb-c
with analog module :-(

I think my problem is only the analog tuner part ... maybe I will remove it an
reconfigure the whole system ... maybe at the next Release of KnoppMyth :-)
Hope it will come soon ...

Good luck
Martin