[mythtv-users] Scheduling problems (SQL errors) on newMythTV installation ...

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com
Thu May 11 22:55:13 EDT 2006

As the guy that was bitten by this:

>>Is there a reason that the download link on the mythtv.org site is not
>>a 0.19-fixes tarball?
>
>I think the primary reason is that none of the devs have been able to
>make the time to do a 0.19.1 release.

How about replacing the 0.19 download with a README file that points to
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac?

The bottom line is that 0.19 is pretty problematic.  I installed using that
because I figured it was the latest stable version, and that's not the case.

Now, it wasn't a big deal to fetch 0-19-fixes and rebuild.  Pretty trivial,
actually.  But, no doubt, it would have been a time saver for me (and the
list) if the 0.19 tarball just contained a single README file telling me
what to do.

>Yeah.  And, I hope other packagers are also using 0.19-fixes.  That way,
>we only have to catch the occasional person who builds from source using
>the "stable" release until 0.19.1 (or 0.20 ;) is released.

The reason I didn't install a package:

1) The FC4 package installed some 80+ packages.  I had FC5, and I wasn't
sure if that crud was needed or not in my environment.  I also didn't know
if the FC4 stuff would even run on FC5,

2) On my brand new FC5 system, I wanted a clear idea of what was being
installed, and why.  It's an infrastructure server for my home, and I'd like
it to work reliabily (and understand what's there, and why).

As I went through it, other than the basic DEV packages, I only needed to
install 2-3 other things.  And *all* of it was available directly on the FC5
DCD (except for ivtv).  Frankly, it was relatively easy to build from
source.

The fact that the source tarball was problematic is unfortunate.  But thank
goodness for the good folks on the myth-users list, whom were so very
helpful for me!  Thank you!

    -- Jeff