[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

moogie okcancel at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 16:06:46 EDT 2006

> --- Gary Dezern <gary at garyndenise.org> wrote:
>
> > moogie wrote:
> > > So I assume I need a PCI card with a port that I
> > can
> > > connect it to the HDMI jack on my Sony
KDF60WF655?

> > > Correct?
> > >
> > > Which PCI cards would be applicable here?
> > > I am looking for suggestions.
> > >

> > HDMI is similar to combining DVI (video) out with
> > digital (audio) out.
> > There's more to it than just that (of course) but
it
> > doesn't matter.
> > (The video portion of HDMI is actually a DVI
signal,
> > which is why
> > DVI->HDMI cables are so common.)
> >
> > No video cards that I know of have an HDMI out...
> >
> > So, your best bet is to get a video card with a
DVI

http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-p566-006~7TRPA1AE.htm

http://www.emartinc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3908

> Should it be a male connection on both ends of the
> cable?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&style=
they have different gauge cables, I'd recommend the
24awg unless your
running any of the lengths they have in 22awg.

--
Steve

Thanks Steve.

Doh, I should have asked this earlier.
What is the impact of the length on signal quality?

Looking at monoprice.
The 24awg come in 3ft, 6ft, 10ft, 15ft, 25ft and 35ft.
(The 10ft or 15ft would work for me.)
The 22awg also come in 25ft and 35ft.
The longer cable would be nice to have to
if I decide to move things around in the future.