[mythtv-users] Firewire in Myth

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:09:16 EDT 2006

On 5/11/06, matt mead <m-mythtv at goof.com> wrote:
> Do you have a patched contrib/channel_changers/sa3250ch.c compiled, installed
> and being used as an external channel change command for the input?  Have you
> setup a "starting channel" that is not 5C, analog, or something you don't
> subscribe to?
>
> I wish I knew the answer to why, but when my system boots, it will not capture
> from firewire.  I have to log in, stop mythbackend, rmmod all the 1394 modules,
> modprobe them manually and run the plgctl script again.  At this point a test
> with test-mpeg2 will usually work, but sometimes I have to repeat.  Then I
> restart mythbackend and it will be able to record firewire.
>
> The plugctl script I use is:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
> export PATH
>
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].data_rate=2
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].n_p2p_connections=1
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].bcast_channel=0
> plugctl -n 0 oPCR[0].bcast_connection=0

thanks for top posting...

don't bother using that script, MythTV just resets those values when
it is asked to receive via the firewire port anyway. Just set MythTV
to use Broadcast at 400mbps. You may require a shutdown of the pc and
the cable box to properly reset the bus.

I don't know why you need to rmmod the modules though, perhaps the
automatic loading of them is passing an arguement that loading by hand
is not?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!