[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCE: mythalsig v2.2 (Icon grabber)

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu May 11 12:03:40 EDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 14:08, Dan Wilga wrote:
> Suggestion: how about an option to only have it look for icons for
> those channels that are currently without one? I did this by adding a
> WHERE clause to the SQL statement:
>
>          if sourceid:
>              query = query + ''' WHERE sourceid = "%s";''' % (sourceid)
>          else:
> +           query = query + ''' WHERE icon = "";'''

OK, I think that is someething that has already been requested, and your
change has made me think about how to do it, but your change isn't the right
way. I'll need to add an option and then rework that section. That way you
can refine the selection to a particular sourceid and/or empty entries. This
way they wouldn't be mutually exclusive, as yours currently is. More like

if sourceid:
	query = query + ''' WHERE sourceid = "%s"''' % (sourceid)
if unassigned:
	if sourceid:
		query = query + ''' AND'''
	query = query + ''' WHERE icon = NULL''' % (sourceid)
query = query + ''';'''
--
Steve Boddy