[mythtv-users] old ATI fglrx driver and installer files needed

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Thu May 11 10:18:09 EDT 2006

>> On 5/11/06, Andrew Cope <andrew at evergreencomputing.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can't get the latest version (8.24.8) of the ATI fglrx driver to work
>>> on my Pundit-R (ATI 9100 Radeon IGP) due to this Xvideo bug:
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug61694
>>>
>>> I had an older version fglrx working (8.12.10) and I have the ATI rpm,
>>> but not the installer that allows you to compile a fglrx.ko kernel module.
>>>
>>> So if you have those rpm/deb/tgz files on your system, even if they're
>>> not the exact 8.12.10 version, I'd be eternally grateful!
>>
>> Gentoo has as far back as 8.14 in portage.
>>
>> Robin
>
>Thanks Robin. I've got a Debian system here, and I can use the "alien"
>command to convert .rpm files .deb, but I don't know what package system
>Gentoo uses. Is it easily dissected for use on other systems?

Gentoo doesn't "package" anything, really. They use the original source
files and using sort of a definition or script file, it compiles it on the spot
based on your configuration. Because of that, with Gentoo you will have
the original ATI-provided installer. I'm not exactly sure where Gentoo
downloads it from, maybe directly from ATI's site, or maybe somewhere else.