[mythtv-users] XMLTV, MYTHFILLDATABASE & EPG

Hugh and Grainne myth at osits.com
Wed May 10 11:31:40 EDT 2006

Hi

I have recently installed MythTV and am having some problems gettig the
EPG guide to work.  Based in Ireland I have installed MythTV on FC4,
setup my capture card and scanned for channels successfully, I think,
the channels show up as numbers which I assume is correct.
I have run XMLTV using the tv_grab_uk_rt and ouput the result to a
.xmltv file which seems to contain the relevant data.  When I run
mythfilldatabase, it lists a couple of channels it cant find and then
appears to process the .xmltv file whereupon it reports and error
something like "bad line 1: <xml ISO" .  It appears that is falling over
on the first line of the XML file??

Can anyone help?

Best Regards
TomC