[mythtv-users] Saving current recording info from mysql?

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:24:38 EDT 2006

On 5/10/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am no mysql expert but I can do basic tasks. I would like to save the
> current recordings info from my current database and then start fresh. What
> tables do I need to save/restore? I am running a reasonably current svn.

Here's what I did recently to backup and restore my recordings info
and recording schedules when I rebuilt my box (note that my database
was .18.1 upgraded to .19, so YMMV):
mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -t --tables record recorded
oldrecorded recordedprogram > recordings.sql

The above command extracts just the data from the listed tables, and
doesn't create new tables, hence the -t option.

To restore the dump you just made, into a running mythconverg database:
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < recordings.sql

On the other hand, you may want the whole database, in this case:
mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg > mythconverg_backup.sql

Also, this section of the howto may help you:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5

HTH,

Josh