[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCE: mythalsig v2.2 (Icon grabber)

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue May 9 22:35:35 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 00:52, Matt wrote:
> Hey Steve.  Thanks again for you work on this... just one question:
> Why is it named mythalsig?  The name doesn't really hint at an icon
> graber.  Either way, just food for thought.  =)

Mainly because I didn't want to type mythautomaticlyngsaticongrabber at the
command prompt ;-)

From the usage:
MythTV Automatic Lyng-Sat Icon Grabber v2.2
Hence the contraction that follows naming conventions from other MythTV
programs where the "TV" is skipped.

One of my todos is to make a few adjustments to make different web sources
easier to add simply by overloading a single method of a class. When this is
done the name will change to MythTV Automatic Web Icon Grabber, or mythawig,
unless someone comes up with a better unique and shortish name.

Incidentally I have some web space on my ISP now, so I'll be pointing everyone
to that in future. This'll reduce my load on the mail server, and reduce the
chances of a ticking off from ijr.

http://www.syzygy.eclipse.co.uk/mythalsig.html

No sniggering at the web pages though!

If you've used the program, feel free to send me your ${region}.pklz files.
Part of the idea of generating these was so that I could re-distribute them.

Send them to steve at {host in URL above, minus www.} (Let's see a spam
harvester strip that one :-P ) Start your message subject with [PKLZ] and my
filters will not send your message through my spam checker.
--
Steve Boddy