[mythtv-users] Best Hardware

MythBox mythtv at glassdragon.org
Tue May 9 21:28:07 EDT 2006

Howdy there all!! I am new to the mailing list and proud to be a MythTV
user!! :-D

I am wanting to know what would be the best hardware setup for a NEW
mythtv box. It would be connected to an HDTV via DVI. I would like to
have it with 5.1 or 7.1 digital sound using a standalone sound system,
but unsure what to use! (suggestions please)

I would like to know everyones input on this theoretical setup that I do
not plan to keep theoretical for very long.(2-3 months)

Possible OS: Fedora Core 5

Basic setup:
3.4 +/- P4 OR Duel Xeon (64bit)
SATA HDDs (4-6 drives, all 300G+)
SATA DVDRW DL
2 or 3 TVtunercards (HD if possible)
Remote Control (standalone or from tv tuner)
10/100/1000 Ethernet
5.1 or 7.1 surround sound
nVidia PCIX GPU

Any suggestions on any aspect would be appreciated.

~Chad

Happy Linuxing!!