[mythtv-users] Transcode or Nuvexport issue from mpg (mpeg) to avi

Giacomo Shimmings giacomo_shimmings at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 18:27:26 EDT 2006

I'll give DVDauthor a go - is that the windows version?

I've actually had some success with nuv export and the latest version of transcode from atrpms:

[root at 192 ~]# rpm -q nuvexport mythtv nuvexport-0.3-0.20060424.svnmythtv-0.19-128.rhfc4.at

It seems that the previous versions of mythtv was doing something funky to the mpegs and now that version is working fine with nuvexport (using mpg as source).  I've been a bit busy, but it seems that the ffmpeg and transcode xvids are fine on my mac (there's a new VLC out, but I haven't tried it yet) and PC using Media Player Classic.  Next weekend I'll have more time to test it more with cutlists.

As for Mythburn, I've had some success, check out the thread I'm linking to here on gossamer (you've posted to it):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/203004?search_string=mythburn;#203004

I'm still having issues with animated menus and text going off screen, but looking at other mythburn threads they can be worked around.  I've actually been able to solve the permissions mplex thing on my box - it's users not permissions!