[mythtv-users] 1080i @ 800x600?

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Tue May 9 07:44:50 EDT 2006

Greg Mitchell wrote:
> matt mead wrote:
>> What video card are you using?
>
> It's an Asus FX 5200 - I'd be interested in your patch - how did you
> determine what the appropriate port is?

The patch is attached to this email.  I don't profess it to be high quality, I
mainly did it to test if the blitter could handle the scaling.  Since I saw a
little bit of distortion from time to time on its output, I switched cards to a
6200 - I'm not actively using the XV_PORT environment variable to start up
mythfrontend.

In order to figure out the port number to use I ran 'xvinfo' and looked for the
Blitter in the output, then used the port number listed - e.g.

XV_PORT'6 /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend

in my startup script.

I'll be curious to hear if the ASUS FX 5200 has the same issue the Mad Dog
Multimedia FX 5200 has.  In chatting on the IRC channel, many people seem to
have other vendors' agp cards with the 5200 on them and see no issue.  I'm
curious now if it's something specific to the streams in question, since it
happens to me on one channel, despite there being several local hd channels and
a number of others on cable with 1080i that I record and play streams from.

-matt

--
matt mead

http://collectivity.goof.com/