[mythtv-users] Transcode or Nuvexport issue from mpg (mpeg) to avi

Giacomo Shimmings giacomo_shimmings at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 04:12:56 EDT 2006

Thanks Peter, you're right - the file will contain the defaults for each transcode, but you can set them from within the console.  I just wish that the default transcode from using the backend wouldn't change the databased aspect ratio (it's a small and insignificant wish, more like a preference).

Oddly, I've had a few recent MPG's that have exhibited the same length behaviour, Myth believes them to be 45 mins long, but they play for over an hour.  I've not tried to transcode them, but it is odd.  Is the length of the clip be taken from a value other then the recording time?

How are you using 'mythcommflag --video' as mentioned in your last post?