[mythtv-users] Sometimes nuv, sometimes mpg

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 23:10:45 EDT 2006

--- Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Some of my recordings get recorded as nuv and some
> get recorded as mpg.
> What determines this? I'd like to be able to control
> this. In general
> I'd prefer mpg because I like to drop my recordings
> on DVDs.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Robinson

What kind of capture cards do you have?

MPEG files typically come from MPEG-2 and/or MPEG-4
encoder cards like the PVR-x50 series.  NUV is the
(default) format that MythTV uses for frame-grabber
cards like the WinTV and other cheap BT-8x8 cards
(this includes the analog input on many DVB cards
also).

-- Joe