[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon May 8 22:21:45 EDT 2006

Daniel A Segel wrote:
> Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> Daniel A Segel wrote:

>>> There's no .IFO (or .BUP) file, so xine can't play it. I suppose I could
>>> check to make sure the VOB files themselves contain valid content, but I
>>> wouldn't know what to do next even if they did.
>>>
>>> If I try running dvdauthor manually with the dvdauthor.xml file it hangs
>>> as well, at essentially the same place as the script:
>>>
>>> **************************
>>> DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
>>> Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype fribidi
>>> Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
>>>
>>> INFO: Locale=C
>>> INFO: Converting filenames to ANSI_X3.4-1968
>>> INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
>>> STAT: Picking VTS 01
>>>
>>> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/chaptermenu-1.mpg...
>>> STAT: VOBU 16 at 1MB, 1 PGCS
>>> INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 15.159
>>> INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.178 .. 30.226
>>> INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.178 .. 0.178
>>> STAT: VOBU 30 at 2MB, 1 PGCS
>>> INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes:
>>> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
>>> INFO: TV standard: ntsc
>>> INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
>>> INFO: Resolution: 720x480
>>> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>>>
>>> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/details-1.mpg...
>>>
>>> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/1/final.mpg...
>>> ******************************
>>>
>>> Is the final.mpg file supposed to be 0 bytes?
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> That's actually normal final.mpg  is a fifo file that pipes the output
>> of mplex into dvdauthor so it never grows. One thing you could try is at
>> the top of the mythburn.py script there is a setting 'useFIFO' that
>> turns on/off the use of these fifo files. Setting it to 'False' will do
>> the multiplexing before running dvdauthor. It could be mplex that is
>> failing.
>>

> OK, I set it to False and tried again and it still failed, but this time
> when I ran dvdauthor manually I got this:
>
> ***********************************
> DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
> Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype fribidi
> Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> INFO: Locale=C
> INFO: Converting filenames to ANSI_X3.4-1968
> INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
> STAT: Picking VTS 01
>
> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/chaptermenu-1.mpg...
> STAT: VOBU 16 at 1MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 15.159
> INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.178 .. 30.226
> INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.178 .. 0.178
> STAT: VOBU 30 at 2MB, 1 PGCS
> INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes:
> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
> INFO: TV standard: ntsc
> INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
> INFO: Resolution: 720x480
> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>
> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/details-1.mpg...
>
> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/1/final.mpg...
> STAT: VOBU 7648 at 2649MB, 1 PGCS
> [...]
OK, I rebuilt dvdauthor and checked it out and it seems fine, and the
dvdauthor.xml file looks fine to my eyes (though I'm no expert on it),
so I'm left thinking there's a problem with the input file. There was
one odd thing output from dvdauthor:

STAT: Processing /video/temp/work/1/final.mpg...
WARN: attempt to update frame rate from 25.0 (PAL/SECAM VIDEO /
converted FILM) to 30000.0/1001.0 (NTSC VIDEO); skipping
WARN: attempt to update tv format from pal to ntsc; skipping

The source video file was NTSC video probably shot on video (this test
was from The Daily Show), so I'm not sure why it thinks it's a PAL 25
FPS source.

Daniel