[mythtv-users] plugin idea: MythNielsen

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:29:10 EDT 2006

On 5/7/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
> So, it occurred to me how valuable media viewing information is.
> DataDirect offers their services to us (in the US) in return for a
> simple little survey every few months.
>
> What if we gathered our viewing data and compilied it for them.
> They'd surely get value out of that.

Well, I'd like to have mythtv be able to track programs recorded,
programs watched, and get all sorts of statistics that may be of
personal interest (like average hours per day of TV watching, liveTV
or recordings), Most popular channels by shows recorded, etc. and it
would tie into

I wouldn't call it MythNielsen either, I'd call it mythstats or
something like that and if any company is willing to *PAY* for that
data from users, have a way for users to configure "mythstats" to view
the content of what would be sent at what freqency and schedule that
info to be sent.

If nobody's interested in paying for that info, at least we can all
look at it and do what we want with it.

-Ross