[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Sun May 7 19:56:51 EDT 2006

moogie wrote:
> So I assume I need a PCI card with a port that I can
> connect it to the HDMI jack on my Sony KDF60WF655?
> Correct?
>
> Which PCI cards would be applicable here?
> I am looking for suggestions.

HDMI is similar to combining DVI (video) out with digital (audio) out.
There's more to it than just that (of course) but it doesn't matter.
(The video portion of HDMI is actually a DVI signal, which is why
DVI->HDMI cables are so common.)

No video cards that I know of have an HDMI out...

So, your best bet is to get a video card with a DVI out, and then get a
DVI->HDMI cable.  You'll have to do something different for sound...  As
for which video card...  I can't really suggest anything in particular
from my own use.

Take care
Gary