[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun May 7 19:52:45 EDT 2006

On 5/7/06, moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are 3 PCI slots:
> Three 5-V, half-length, 32-bit, 33-MHz (slots 2
> through 4)
>
> There are 2 PCIe (PCI Express) slots:
> 2.5-GHz PCI Express x8, 3.3-V, 12-V (slot 1)
> 2.5-GHz PCI Express x1, 3.3-V, 12-V (slot 5)

You will need a video card that goes in either the PCI or PCIe slot.  You
can use VGA and convert the VGA -> component via an audio authority device
(around $100), or you can use DVI and get a DVI -> HDMI cable (I got one for
about $10 online doing some froogle searching).  I recommend the latter
route, and it keeps everything digital.  Note, the audio will not be
transported and you will need to figure out another way to deal with audio
(most likely, plugging your sound card into either your receiver or tv).

A nvidia 5200 fx seems to be the favorie for many around here, and it is
what I use.  You don't need anything more powerful, and may lose some
features.

Check the list.  This has been discussed countless times.