[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Sun May 7 04:19:39 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Chris wrote:
> Chris,
> The ALSA folks have fessed up to the missing right channel problem and
> claim that it is fixed in their latest release (alsa-lib-1.0.11) but I
> haven't yet found any RPMs for this (April 06) version.

I just upgraded to 1.0.10, the latest binary version I can find for
SuSE 10.0. I was aware of some issues in alsa (especially with the
via82xx audio) but wasn't aware of the left-channel bug...I will
keep my eyes peeled for fresh SuSE rpms for alsa...

In the meantime I managed to get it work fully for a short while, by
running Audacity and trying to record 'line1' audio whilst livetv was
running. I couldn't manage to repeat the experience unfortunately, but
if a new alsa fixes the issue I'll be happy...

Cheers.

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.