[mythtv-users] [mythtv] mythcommflag taking all the cpu 0.19 svn revision 9806

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat May 6 08:18:41 EDT 2006

On 5/6/06, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:
> On 5/6/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > * On Fri May 05, 2006 at 11:58:02PM -0400, Khanh Tran wrote:
> > > I'll ask on the -users list too, but I have all of my backends set to
> > > "low" CPU usage already :(
> >
> > Maybe you have issues with your recordedmarkup table so mythcommflag
> > is having to seek frame by frame when jumping around doing the logo
> > detection.  You might want to check out the integrity of your
> > database, the recordedmarkup table in particular.  Are you having
> > any issues seeking around in recordings during playback?
> >
> > --
> > Chris
> >

> I'm not having any seek probles and I run the optimize_mythdb.pl
> script from /contrib every morning at 2AM.
>
> -Khanh

I did notice my recordedmarkup table has starttime entries dating back
to June of 2005.  I only have recordings going back to February 2006.
Do I really need the entries between June 2005 and January 2006?  Can
I remove them from the table?  I'd assume that would cut down on the
resources needed to move through this table!

-Khanh