[mythtv-users] Can record from LiveTV but not from Guide or Manual

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 6 02:48:41 EDT 2006

On 05/05/2006 12:00 PM, Mario Camou R wrote:

>> 2006-05-05 17:41:34.975 ChannelBase: Could not find input: Tuner 0
>> on card when setting channel 1
>> 2006-05-05 17:41:34.976 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to 1.
>> Reverting to kState_None
>>
>> Now, when running mythtv-setup I don't see any mentions of "Tuner
>> 0", everything is now "Tuner 1" (I actually deleted the whole setup
>> and did it again from the start).
> So....I deleted the record that referenced "Tuner 0" and everything
> seems to be working now (except for the "[mpeg @ 0xb7739360]Parser
> not found for Codec Id: 94210 !" message that appears in the logs ---
> that seems to have no ill effects).

If only someone would have told you to, "Fix the associations of video
sources to inputs in mythtv-setup," four replies ago.  ;)  In other
words, just because you think it's impossible for someone's suggested
fix to work, it doesn't mean you should ignore it.  After all, it's your
system that wasn't working.  :)

Not intending to pick on you, specifically, but I'm tired right now, and
am amazed at how many good suggestions are ignored because, "that can't
possibly work," or, "my configuration is correct, but Myth still doesn't
work."  So, I'm hoping to use this example to encourage people to think
carefully before dismissing a suggested fix outright.

Oh, and the "Parser not found" message is nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your shiny new MythTV 0.19 system.  :)

Mike