[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 5 18:02:55 EDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Daniel A Segel wrote:

> MythArchive fails with the following error in the log:
>
> 2006-05-05 14:35:17 Starting dvdauthor
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05 ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05 Terminated
>
> Is there any way to make it give a more descriptive error? Or any clue
> on where I should look for the problem?
>
> This is on a Gentoo system running dvdauthor 0.6.11.

Don't know the answer, but I haven't been able to get dvdauthor
0.6.11 to work on my Gentoo box either, but I haven't worked too hard
at it because there are many other ways to make DVDs.

I'd suggest that you try getting dvdauthor (perhaps via qdvdauthor)
to run by itself before trying to get MythArchive to work.