[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Fri May 5 17:54:08 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Chris wrote:
>>Hi there,
>>
>>I'm running SuSE 10.0 i586, and have installed MythTV 0.19 from
>>binary rpm's (Packman repository)
>>
>>Everything seems to work, except for audio in LiveTV. No sound
>>is either heard or recorded in LiveTV.
>>
>>I have TVtime and it plays audio fine. My Pinnacle TV-card has
>>its audio output plugged into a 2nd input on my motherboard that
>>comes out as 'Aux' in alsa. MythTV shows no errors in the console
>>so I'm stumped as to getting sound going in LiveTV...
>
> Chris,
> Open Kmix, click on the input tab and have a look at the "Line" control.
>   The green indicator at the top should be dark green (muted) and the
> red indicator at the bottom should be bright red (lit).  Clicking on the
> indicators changes their state.

I'd already looked at that, and it is setup as required/expected.

Even if I unmute the Aux channel while LiveTV is running I cannot
hear any sound direct from the soundcard...I wonder if that means
MythTV *is* grabbing/hogging the Aux output, but not encoding it?

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.