[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Web-Based Control System?

Geoff B geoffbon at gmail.com
Fri May 5 17:53:51 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Brad Benson wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Geoff B wrote:
> > This is slightly OT, but you might want to consider a Squeezebox, it
> > solves this beautifully.  Open source software that runs on Linux /
> > Windows / Mac, and sound quality as good as whatever format you throw
> > at it.  I've used one for over a year now, it's fantastic.
>
>  Or, better yet, just install slimserver on your backend (or wherever your
> music library lives) and use slimp3slave, xmms, etc, etc to play back the
> music streamed by slimserver.  No point in buying a Squeezebox just to play
> music when you've already got a perfectly good mythfrontend connected to
> your TV or stereo.

Indeed - this is what I do at work and works well.  And if you're
happy controlling the stream with a PC (or anything else that will run
a web browser), then you're golden.  I just can't seem to get my
significant other to do this though, whereas she took to the
Squeezebox like a duck to soup.

Cheers
Geoff