[mythtv-users] WinFast TV2000 XP Expert with MythTV

Stephen Atkins stephen.atkins at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:01:37 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently have a MythTV FE/BE system setup with a PVR-150 card and
> an HD3000 card.  This is a fairly new installation, and my first
> experience with MythTV, so I think I still have some work to optimize
> things, but overall I have things working the way I want.  Before I
> started working on this MythTV setup I had a WinFast TV2000 XP Expert
> tv-tuner card working in another Linux box.  I'm now considering
> adding the card to my Myth box.  I know it doesn't do hardware
> encoding but thought I might get some use out of it for watching
> LiveTV and using it as a lower priority card for recording in the
> event of conflicts.  Another side benefit is that I don't currently
> have a remote control on this system and this card comes with one.
> Not really a big deal because I have another frontend system that I do
> most of my viewing from another system where I do have a remote.

I still use this card but its not in a myth box (used at work in my windows
machine for the cable FM).  I switched to a 250 and a 150mce a long time
ago.  I found that with my older amd 2500 processor that the cpu usage was
just to high even for a backup in case of conflicts.  The only thing I would
suggest doing is putting it in a stand alone front end.  In the end i would
suggest just getting a cheap Hauppauge card like the 150.  Its just not
worth that cpu overhead to use a non mpeg card if possible.

Stephen