[mythtv-users] Removing laugh tracks from recordings

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri May 5 07:28:32 EDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 10:06 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> When they could probably record it off MTV for nothing, of course
> most folks would have trouble getting it onto their iPod.
>
> Would that be illegal ?? I really don't know.

Not illegal if it's for your own personal use.

> I certainly won't pay ITMS for a music anything, though I do have my
> niece on one of their "allowance" plans, keeps me from having to
> remember when her birthday is :-)
>
> Although my Mom was having trouble finding a certain Opera recording
> and on a whim I tried ITMS, and was a bit shocked that they actually
> had it (At a premium price, but I guess the Wagner heirs can command
> it).
>
> Nor would I pay whatever the cost is to be able to watch "Disparate
> Housewives" on a 2" screen, or a 40-foot screen for that matter :-)
>
> Maybe watch "The Ring" on my Zaurus ?? (Battery would probably give
> out before Das Rheingold was over) :-)
>
> I do wonder how many folks might be exporting Myth-recorded video to
> handheld devices.

I use myth2iPod. Every morning I wake up and The Daily Show and The
Colbert Report are waiting for me on my iPod. I generally don't watch
on the iPod, though. Usually watch it on my MacBook when I'm not
home. I do like ripping DVDs and transcoding to my iPod. Josie and
the Pussycats keeps my daughter entertained on long car rides - even
on the small screen. Futurama for shorter trips. It will be great for
when I drive across the country in a couple of months or for those
frequent plane rides I seem to be taking recently.