[mythtv-users] Removing laugh tracks from recordings

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 4 14:12:52 EDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Anu Mathew wrote:

> No, I was not. It is more like a wish, which many people (I spoke to)
> seem to share.
>
> Years ago, ripping ads was almost impossible, but it is possible
> now...
>
> Hopefully, one day...!! :)
>
> Thanks..!!
>
> On 5/4/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

There is equipment available that purports to remove vocal tracks
from music, for "Karaoke applications. I have no idea how well it works.

Theoretically an application of the same technology might at least
reduce the level of the offending laugh track, it would be harder
because the content is similar to dialog which you would want to keep.

Probably beyond anything we can economically do right now, but as you
say today's impossibility might be tomorrow's Blue Light Special at K-
Mart.