[mythtv-users] Multiple tuner cards with myth

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Thu May 4 13:55:18 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not necessarily true.  I had the exact situation he is having.  I finally
> quit trying to do the test and went into mythtv to find that the second
> tuner does work.

This is probably true because Myth will tune a channel (usually the
last it thinks you were on) when the backend starts.  Before I could
get my PVR-150 to work with the newer ivtv drivers, I had to manually
tune it to a channel.  You can try this, assuming again your ivtv
driver is really loading the card, and you're in the U.S. and have
something on channel 3:

ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -r 980

You should be able to cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg and see whatever was
on channel 3.