[mythtv-users] 0.19 XvMC broken with Bob

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu May 4 12:22:20 EDT 2006

John Goerzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some weird problems with Bob under XvMC on 0.19.
>
> I am displaying to a CRT HDTV, though the particular video clip in
> question is from a PVR-250.  The video card is a GeForce 6200, version
> 8756.
>
> I have set Standard XvMC in playback and have verified that XvMC is
> being used.
>
> When Bob deinterlacing is enabled, I can start playing video.  It will
> work fine.  But after a few seconds, the video (and audio) freezes.

The problem is your 6200. If your motherboard supports it, try setting
the AGP bus to 4x instead
of 8x. I have an 8x motherboard that exhibits the same problem, but the
same card works fine in
a 4x slot. Nvidia is apparently still working on AGP + XvMC support for
these cards. Pre 8756 drivers
didn't work with AGP + XvMC at all on this card. You had to use NvAGP
"1", which basically disables
AGP if you're using agpgart.

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks!