[mythtv-users] New video card crashes PVR-350 card

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 4 11:49:44 EDT 2006

On 04/05/06, Eggert Thorlacius <eggert.thorlacius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I have been using a PVR-350 card in my machine for a while and have
> been using the built-in TV out without problems. Last week, I bought a
> TV with a DVI connector and a GeForce 6200 card to drive it.
> The problem is that when I try to display graphics on the TV, the
> PVR-350 card goes berserk, either freezing the machine completely or
> creating garbled mpeg files.  Starting the machine at runlevel 3 works
> fine, mythbackend records correctly and remote frontends display video
> OK, but as soon as I start an X session, mythbackend dies.  Running
> "cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/tmp.mpg" has the same effect; the file is
> saved normally until X starts, and then the process just hangs and
> can't be killed.
> Presumably this is some hardware conflict, but I have no idea where to
> start looking.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

If you were using the PVR-350 for TV-out, make sure there is nothing
in your xorg.conf file that might be conflicting with the new NVidia
card. I guess there could be some remnants that might cause a conflict
somehow - did you dump your existing xorg.conf file and create a new
one for the 6200?

Are you still loading ivtv-fb?

Nick