[mythtv-users] SA3250HD and Firewire

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu May 4 10:03:30 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, matt mead <m-mythtv at goof.com> wrote:

> Allan Wilson wrote:
> > I am loading the following three modules in this order
> >
> > ieee1394
> > ohci1394
> > raw1394
>
> What do you get when you run lsmod | grep 1394 ?
>
> > and I installed them per the recommendations from this site:
> >
> > http://www.ubuntu-mythtv.blogspot.com/
> > <http://www.ubuntu-mythtv.blogspot.com/>
> >
> > I would be very interested in seeing what you have on your 1394 page
> > when your mythbox is connected and also any other page with any 1394
> > info. I do think this is a 1394 issue not myth but wanted to show my
> > progress for those that follow and also to find other helpful peeps out
> > there like yourself. Also gscanbus and plugreport all show that it looks
> > like everything is good on their end. Is there anything that could be
> > used on the cable box side to not let it connect to my firewire card in
> > my pc but connect to my television? Thanks
>
> I don't know how to get into the SA3250HD service menus or diagnostic
> displays
> - can you share how to do this?
>

> -matt
>
> --
> matt mead
>
> http://collectivity.goof.com/

I am not at home right now but if I remember right hold down the pause
button for about 30 seconds until your message light on the cable box is
blinking then press the page up button. Now you can use <page up> and <page
down> to go through the diagnostics and press exit to go back to viewing
television. The two screens I found most useful was the next to last and the
one before it. Let me know what yours says and if you have a digital camera
taking some pictures of those screens would be most useful. Thanks

Allan