[mythtv-users] Some (not so) random questions about MythTV

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Wed May 3 18:07:39 EDT 2006

Starting to settle in with using MythTV, and I have a few questions I
haven't yet been able to find answers for...

Is there a way to search for programming based on flags such as "HDTV"?
For example, when I search listings in MythWeb, I can specify HDTV
programming.  My wife wants to be able to schedule every single showing
of a given show, but only when it's presented in HD...

If there doesn't exist a key mapping for some function, is there an
accepted way to add one?  ie:  My wife and I _love_ the ability to add
several recorded shows to a playlist, and then "shuffle play" them.  (If
you have a 2 year old, this is GREAT.)  However, there are several
keystrokes involved in adding something to a playlist, and my wife has
already "lost" the option for shuffle playing (I got a call at work:
How do I play the playlist?  I can't find the option!)  Being able to
map these things to single keys would be great....  (If this isn't
possible, or there isn't an easy way... see the next question.)

Using Myth's LIRC support, can a remote button be mapped to multiple
myth keypresses?  As an example, I have the following in my lirc config
for mplayer:
button = Stop
prog = mplayer
config = seek 0 1\npause  # seek to the very beginning, and THEN pause.

The "\n" doesn't seem to work for mythtv's lircrc... or am I messing
something up?

...and thats it for this message..

Thanks
Gary