[mythtv-users] Migrating database from 0.18 to 0.19 (SQL hacking?)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed May 3 17:08:02 EDT 2006

> You don't want to just let Myth upgrade the db schema for you? You would
> probably have better results with that than trying to hack it manually.
> Having said that, my system has always run close to current SVN, so I've
> just picked up all the updates along the way, but I haven't heard of any
> problems with letting Myth do it.
>
> Tom

 	I've done it this way for the past bunch of major updates.
Basically, start with a fresh, clean mc.sql and then add the old
recordings to it.  I'm not upgrading the box, but replacing it with a
completely different box.

 	How would I let myth update the schema for me if there is no older
version on the new machine?  I'm horribly ignorant of mysql stuff as
well... just the basic mysqldump commands is about the extent of my
ability.

-Cory