[mythtv-users] Move timing

Justin Hunt beyonddeath at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:41:25 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Mickey Chandler <mickc at whizardries.com> wrote:

> For the first time since setting up my MythTV system, I'm
> moving.  Not just across town, but across the state.  I'll also
> changing my TV source from DirecTV to the local cable company.
>
> This leads me to my question: Does anyone have a rough timing plan for
> moving?
>
> By that I mean a variety of things.  When should I set up the new
> source at Zap2It?  Should I stop updating the database a couple of
> weeks before the move?  Things like that.  Does anyone have any advice?
>
> --
> Mickey Chandler
>
> The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "DO", "DON'T", "REQUIRED", "SHALL",
> "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", "MAY BE"
> and "OPTIONAL" in this document do not mean anything. -- RFC 3251

Hi there,

I move a LOT, most of the time I end up dealing with this issue.  Ive found
the best way to deal with it is let myth run, until you unhook your tv feed,
at which point your probably going to pack it up anyways.  Once your at your
new place and have tv hooked up, simply go to labs.zap2it.com setup a new
channel listing selecting (call it somethign different, for example I have
Toronto, and Waterloo from when i lived in waterloo then moved to toronto).
now run mythtv-setup and in video sources change your data direct lineup to
the new listing selection.  Now, sometimes mythfilldatabase automagically
starts up and gets the proper listings, if it doesnt you may need to do it
yourself in a console, however as of .18 it worked for me.

Hope this helps,
Justin Hunt
beyonddeath at focushere.ca
http://www.focushere.ca