[mythtv-users] nVidia FX5200 - reccomendations please

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed May 3 09:36:03 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Guillaume Membré wrote:

> After reading all your post, I still unsure of what to do : does it
> worth switching from a pvr350 to a nvidia just for watching SD ? My TV
> can be connected just through svideo, not VGA nor DVI.
> I know that the pvr350 won't do opengl but this is not my priority.

If you already have a 350 and are OK with the limitations then I
would stick with it. As far as an SD TV output device it is hard to
beat (output properly interlaced etc.).

If buying hew hardware I would go with a 150/5200 setup, but even
then there might be reasons to prefer a 350, like slot/power savings
or a fantastic price on a 350.