[mythtv-users] MythTV on Athlon64: Stick with 32-bit or go for 64-bit?

Francois Marier fmarier at gmail.com
Tue May 2 23:09:03 UTC 2006

I'm looking at building a MythTV box with Ubuntu Breezy.  Since the
machine has an Athlon64 processor, I was wondering whether I should go for
the pure 64-bit distro (kernel & libs) or whether it would be better to play
it safe and just install the 32-bit x86 version.  Have people run into a lot
of 64-bit specific problems ?  Since I am building this box for someone
else, I am tempted to go for the safe solution and to install a 32-bit
Ubuntu, but if there are no reasons for doing that, then I might as well go
the 64-bit way.

Francois

P.S. Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I can't seem to find a
definitive answer.  If you can point me to the right place, please feel
free to do so.