[mythtv-users] [OT] FX5200 dual head: desktop extended but still cloned

Ed Neff backhoes at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:13:26 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe the problem here is that the graphics card only supports an
> overlay on the primary head (:2.0 in this case). If you can try
> swapping the heads (So the TV is :2.0 and the monitor is :2.1) this
> should solve the problem.

Robert, thank you so much!  Swapping heads made quite a difference.

Both Watch TV and playback of recorded programs have both audio and video.
The monitor can be used (while the TV is showing video) for whatever other
work that needs to be done.

It will take a little getting used to, since the video plays on the monitor,
too.
But the simple KDE key-combo of Ctrl+F2 switches to another desktop.
The KDE panel appears on the TV screen at all times (with MythTV menus or
video) but there must be a way to hide that permanently.

Anyway, again thanks for the help.  I had just about given up on getting it
work, going back to using two different /etc/X11/xorg.conf files, swapping
them
when I wanted to work on the mythtv login.  Now, I won't have to THAT
anymore.

--
Ed Neff