[mythtv-users] HD3000, Sarge, AMD64 SMP, 0.19 from deb, Could not get card info for card #0! Subtype: Success!

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:57:00 UTC 2006

Basics: The pcHDTV3000 card is considered a DVB card, if you're doing
anything special to "set the card to DVB-T" Don't.  Actaully to access it
here in the US, I had to use the ATSC Stuff (azap) to get info from
it...i.e. I believe it's considered DVB-A?  Something like that?

All of that should be irrelivant.  You should see a /dev/dvb/adapterX in
devices and you should be selecting a DVB card type in Myth.  BTW, the
pre-packaged executables for Myth 0.19 work beautifully.  Also, in some
recent kernel (I think the 2.6.15 has them) DVB support for the HD3000 card
was rolled into the kernel (i'm sure you know this already, but that would
be the reason why you can't find any info anymore about the HD3000 card,
it's all "out of the box"  supported now).  2.6.16 (most recent) kernel
seems to be running flawlessly for me (albeit it's a Fedora box) and Myth
likes the tuner card well enough.

--Douglas Wagner