[mythtv-users] Connecting to TV with S-Video

Robbie rob at nightlance.com
Tue May 2 12:55:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 2, 2006 4:15 pm, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I have the basics working but I need to finetune the output
> picture quality. Could someone please explain for me: - What entries should
> I have in /etc/xorg.conf to output
> to a PAL TV? - Can I finetune channel frequency in real time while watching
>  Live TV?
>

> I also have very low sound to the TV. How should I configure
> ALSA. If I set the levels in alsamixer to 100% I have almost
> reasonable output level but will that lead to distortions?
>
> I would be very happy if someone could give me som hints.
>

> Best regards,
> Peter Carlsson

Hey,

  as far as pal..  it should be a simple setting in your config file that
says something like..  NTC or NTSC.  Just change that line to PAL and
reboot.

as far as the sound goes..   I was never really able to figure that out on
my setup. So i just ditched it and used knoppmyth and everything works
just fine.  Which leads me to belive that i had the wrong drivers for my
audio driver.

give some hardware specs plz.