[mythtv-users] UK Tuning problems (PVR250 & WinTV go)

Philippe Fauconnier-Bank pfb at squarefingers.com
Tue May 2 15:59:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am having problems obtaining a signal other than static on both of
my cards (PVR250 & WinTVgo (with conexant bttv replacement) .

I am using mythdora, but am having trouble finding a definitive guide
to UK tuning for analogue. I've tried grabbing channels from the bbc
transmitter website (i.e. 51), converting those in to frequencies
(714 etc), but have had no joy.

Myth's 'full scan' just ends up with a blank screen after the %age
progress bar.

I'm living in a newly constructed flat block, with freeview on the
main tv. I've been told that the building has a 'digital aerial'
which means that the analogue signal isn't being picked up. Is this
true/possible?

thanks in advance for your help, advice and pointers,

pfb.

lspci -v
01:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Hauppauge WinTV
34xxx models
         Memory at e6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
         Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
         Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

01:06.1 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and
Audio Decoder [Audio Port] (rev 05)
         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Hauppauge WinTV
34xxx models
         Memory at e7000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
         Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 250
         Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]