[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase throughed shared internet connection

Mike Harrison trapperofspam at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 13:07:26 UTC 2006

I recently helped a friend setup myth on a fresh ubuntu breezy install. We set the whole thing up at my place because he doesn't have a broadband connection. When he left my place everything was working perfectly. He has since told me that when he got home and tried to run mythfilldatabase to connect to zap2it, the connection timed out.

His setup at home is he has dial-up connection on a windows box. He connects to the windows machine through a wired router from his myth box using internet connection sharing. He has made sure that he has an internet connection before trying to run mythfilldatabase. He can ping the windows machine. He can connect to websites.

What could be causing mythfilldatabase to timeout while connecting to zap2it?