[mythtv-users] BBC HD trials

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:45:34 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Mike Parkins <mikeparkins at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 May 2006 03:59, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> > >Yes, this is separate to the Satellite trials. get your myth box to scan
> > > for it - your freeview box probably won't see it, mine doesn't.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, are they transmitting MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)?
> >
> > Mike
>
> I believe that is the intention but I don't know how to check. Do you think a
> Nova-T would pick up MPEG4?

Yep this would be the next question. What hardware would i need to
pick it up? Would DVB cards be enough or are they too tuned to SD? The
rest of my machine can handle it :-) Will have a play this weekend and
see what i find, if anyone else has any luck let me know.

Paul

P.S. I am running the latest SVN which has a lot of mpeg4 stuff in it
(for interactive) but not sure about h.264, will have to check the
logs.